I...love...pizza! I love pizza with pepperoni, sausage and lots and lots of cheese. I love a thick crust, thin crust, traditional crust, deep dish, you name it. I love it cut in strips, squares and triangles. I love it folded over. I love it dipped in ranch or garlic butter. I love a bisquit crust with scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and cheese on top for breakfast. I love buffet pizza, fancy Italian restaurant pizza, even gas station pizza. I love pizza!!! I'm not alone. On National Pizza Day we check out these numbers provided by Eat this, Not That.
Did you know ...
- $38 billion worth of pizzas are sold every year in the U.S.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year
- Americans eat 350 slices of pizza per second
- 13% of Americans eat pizza on any given day
- 93% of Americans have at least one slice of pizza per month
- The average American eats more than 23 pounds of pizza a year
- Roughly 17% of males between the ages of 2 and 39 eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on any given day
- 251.7 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed every year in the U.S. just from pizza
- Common pizza toppings in Japan include squid and mayo