When choosing a suitable Halloween movie for children, parents across the country are doing their research. According to a USDish study, favorites like "Ghostbusters", "E.T.", "Addams Family", "Beetlejuice" and "Gremlins" and getting Googled like crazy. "E.T." made a strong showing in Maine and Florida. "Coraline" is a favorite in New York, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. "Ghostbusters" proved to be a favorite in Wisconsin, Tennessee, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Virginia. The movie that made the strongest showing nationwide, including the state of Ohio is "Scooby-Doo"!
Here are some spine-tingling stats from the study:
- Americans love crime-solving canines: Scooby-Doo is the most searched movie in 13 states including Ohio.
- Apparently button eyes are in this year, with Coraline coming in as the second most popular kids’ movie in America.
- E.T. has risen in popularity since our last report—it’s now the most searched movie in 4 states.
- The 1998 Disney Channel classic Halloweentown has remained Oregon’s favorite spooky kids’ movie, which is fitting since the movie was filmed in St. Helens.
- Although Gremlins isn’t the most beloved nationally, it still has North Dakotans interested almost 30 years after its release
How was this information compiled? To identify each state’s most googled spooky movie for kids, USDish gathered a list of kids Halloween movies rated PG or G. Then used SEMRush to find the movies that had the highest keyword search ranking. Finally, we input the movie names into Google Trends to find each state’s most searched movie. Click the link below for the full study.
USDish is an online authorized reseller of DISH and experts in all things entertainment.