The Next Country Star at Freedom Fest Ohio, presented by McDaniel Automotive, is taking registrations NOW! TO REGISTER CLICK HERE!
This is your chance to perform your favorite country song, you sing along to with the radio, In front of a LIVE local audience, and may-be even at Freedom Fest Ohio, for a chance at a $500 Visa Gift Card and a VIP Experience for two to the entire weekend of Freedom Fest Ohio June 22 through June 25 at the Morrow County Fairgrounds.
(Complete Details in the Rules)
CONTEST LOCATIONS and TIMES:
May 25, 2023: Amato's Woodifred Pizza in Marion at 7:00 PM
June 2, 2023: AMVETS Post 87 in Galion at 7:00 PM
JUNE 22, 2023: FINALS at Freedom Fest Ohio!
***Dates and Times are Subject to Change Without Notice***
1. Each qualifier must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number and Social Security number to WMRN and WNCO radio. Upon disclosure of the above information, the person will be officially eligible to be declared a winner despite any such inference on the air. Any person found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and would therefore forfeit the prize. All entrants to any WMRN and WNCO radio contest both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participation in the contest.
2. WMRN and WNCO Radio has the right to require a winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and return it to WMRN and WNCO radio within three (3) days of notification or WMRN and WNCO Radio can determine an alternate winner at random. All prizes (not date sensitive) must be claimed no later than thirty days after winning. If prize has not been claimed by this date, winner forfeits the prize and WMRN and WNCO radio reserves the right to select another winner.
3. Prizes are non-transferable, and substitutions are not allowed.
4. No proxies (authorized agents or written authorizations) are accepted. The actual prize winner must claim prize. (See age note below in #5)
5. Contests are open to all legal U.S. resident. WMRN and WNCO radio has set an age requirement of age 16 years and older as of March 1, 2023
6. Employees of WMRN and WNCO iHeart Media Marion, Mansfield and Ashland and their affiliates, other broadcast companies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible for any contest.
7. Each contestant agrees that WMRN and WNCO radio can use his/her voice, name, and likeness for promotional purposes without additional compensation. All participants agree to and are bound by official rules and WMRN and WNCO radio reserves the right to establish additional rules at any time.
8. As a condition of winning, no contest winner may represent, or appear in an advertisement for any other radio station, other than WMRN and WNCO radio for a period of thirty days from the date they win the contest. Winners also may not grant interviews about their participation in any WMRN and WNCO radio contests or make public comments in any medium, including the Internet without prior written permission of WMRN and WNCO radio. Additionally, no prize may be used in any way that would be disparaging to WMRN and WNCO radio.
9. WMRN and WNCO radio will not be responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or late mail. Prizes mailed with or without winner’s request cannot be replaced. At times WMRN and WNCO could request that a prize be picked-up at the station.
10. Contests are void where prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, State, Local laws and regulations shall apply. For any standard WMRN and WNCO contest, there may be only one (1) winner per family or household in any 30-day period. This 30-day period may be waived for specific, major station promotions. Upon winning a prize valued at $1,000.00 or more or winning a trip, the household may not win a second trip or prize valued at $1,000.00 or more within a one (1) year period following the first win.
11. WMRN and WNCO radio reserves the right to disqualify any contestant and determine an alternate winner at random if any of these contest rules are not met. Contestant must provide legal ID and Social Security number to claim prize, in the case of a minor the parent or legal guardian must provide applicable information. All prizes valued over $599.00 are subject to applicable state and/or federal taxes and a 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner. Winner must sign a legal release form provided by WMRN and WNCO radio to obtain prizes valued over $599.00
12. No purchase or consideration is necessary to win.
13. Decisions by WMRN and WNCO radio regarding winner and all contest details are final and binding in all respects.
14. WMRN and WNCO and its sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement prizes.
15. In accepting a WMRN and WNCO radio prize, the winner accepts to take the prize as outlined in The Next Country Star 2023. If winner is not able or chooses not to accept prize “as is”, winner forfeits his/her prize WMRN and WNCO radio reserves the right to select another winner. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue, movement of prize unless otherwise specified.
16. All winners, by acceptance of prize, agree to release WMRN and WNCO radio, IHeart Media Marion, Mansfield and Ashland, its promotional partner(s), and clients, together with their respective parent companies and subsidiaries from any liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt or use of prize or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
17. WMRN and WNCO reserves the right to designate the location/venue that the participant will perform at and the night of the performance.
18. Contestants will draw numbers the night of their performance to determine the order in which they will complete their songs that have been selected. The odds of determining the order vary depending on the number of contestants that will be participating at the arranged venue/location.
20. A panel of at least 3 judges selected by WMRN and WNCO will be present at each venue/location and judge the contestants on five areas, which include, appearance, quality, showmanship, audience participation and overall performance.
21. One (1) winner will be chosen per round. That “winner” will go directly to the “finals” at Freedom Fest Ohio on Thursday, June 22, 2023. “Winner” will be announced each night and must be present at the end of each night’s performances. All rules will be applied to the finals as well as each round.
22. For a copy of the official contest rules or a list of winners (no longer than 30 days after a contest has concluded), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WMRN and WNCO, 1330 N. Main St., Marion, Ohio 43302.
23. Odds of winning are undeterminable and depend on varying conditions.
24. If any portion of the above rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these official rules shall remain in effect.
25. Contestants will sing one (1) country song in each contest. The song chosen must be country and played on country radio. WMRN and WNCO has the right to determine if songs chosen are eligible. No original songs.
26. Each qualified contestant must have their song music background track submitted to Paul James at WMRN and WNCO, 1330 N. Main St, Marion, Ohio 43302 by 5:00 PM EDT on May 5, 2023. The song must be in .wav format and may be dropped off on a flash/thumb drive or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compact discs will NOT be accepted.
27. The 1st place winner from the year before is not eligible to enter the contest. The previous winner must sit out one year.
1ST PLACE $500 Visa Gift Card & 2 VIP Weekend Passes to Freedom Fest Ohio
LOCATION WINNER: $50 Visa Gift Card 2 Thursday Passes to Freedom Fest Ohio