Still trying to decide what you want to dress up as this year? The Halloween & Costume Association has some ideas. Their list of the hottest costume trends of 2023 is out, revealing what a lot of people will be wearing this Halloween.
Popular costume trends for this year include:
- Barbie - The iconic doll is having a moment following the massive success of the “Barbie” movie. That means we’ll be seeing a lot of Barbie costumes and couples dressed as Barbie and Ken, wearing different looks from the film, including western wear and of course, that pink power jumpsuit.
- Pop culture icons - Swifties across the country (and world!) will be dressing up as one of many versions of Taylor Swift this year, and other pop culture figures that will be big for Halloween costumes include Wednesday Addams, Super Mario Brothers, and The Little Mermaid.
- TMNT - Cowabunga! Thanks to the “Mutant Mayhem,” movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back in a big way, so plenty of fans will be dressed up as Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello.
- Skeletons - It’s a classic costume, but this year’s are expected to be even more creepy, grim and scary.
- Nostalgia, Fantasy and Medieval - Costumes inspired by these themes can be anything from embodying legendary characters to transforming into mystical creatures.
- Accessories galore - The devil is in the details in 2023. According to the costume experts, accessories, especially wigs, will be a crucial part of Halloween looks this year.
Source: Halloween & Costume Association